Thursday, May 19, 2016

What is really in your home?

In my various research, I've come across this amazing website that you may or may not know about, The Environmental Working Group.  On this site, they have SO many resources with great tools to tell you the "grade" of what you are using to clean (or apply - makeup/skincare).  A handy way to see this, for your cleaning products at least, is to the following link and check your products:

The EWG's Guide to Healthy Cleaners

They are ranked A-F, a common grading scale you should all be familiar with.  I was shocked to learn that most of my cleaning supplies had D or F grades and high toxicity, just from normal contact and use.  What I felt was helping protect us from germs and harm was indeed harming us even more!

Since using this, I have swapped what I use to more natural items - Norwex and water, Norwex chemical free items, Seventh Generation Auto Dish Pacs, Free and Clear, 45 Count Vinegar and a LOT of Dr. Bronner's Fair Trade & Organic Castile Liquid Soap - (Baby Unscented, 32 oz) soaps.  I just love them!

What products did you search on the EWG site and what were their grades?

No comments:

Post a Comment